Thursday, December 3, 2015

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Happy December everyone! crazy that I will see you NEXT WEEK! Wow. Time has flown. I will write one more time next week but it will just be a wrap up email so don't feel the need to email me because I probs won't email you back anyway.
First off, Thank you for the package Nori, I loved it!
Okay so this week was incredible. Wow, spiritual high, but not much to share about it. It's been so good though.
Guess what, my companion will be TRAINING!!! Wahoo!! So we have been getting the apartment and area ready for that. It puts a lot of pressure on me because now there is a chain of whatever I taught sister Standage, she will teach her new comp and then that new comp only knows what I taught sister Standage.. Weird. But it will be SO good. I'm soo excited for her!

WICKED
So. Good. Enough said, right? But really I LOVED it. It was Seriously so much better this time because I am older and understand haha
During the Intermission we took a quick bathroom break and this cute little girl behind us in line was like "my brother is on a mission in Guatemala. He comes home next month on December 10th" and so we talked to her for a while. It was just crazy how of all people, she was in line behind us. She just stared at us too until we said hello.

THANKSGIVING
It was so good! I felt right at home. Just like a big family party. Aunt Serah cooked everything and Grandma Wells just loved us being there. They are the cutest. There was SO much food it was insane. Not like huge portions, well kinda, but more like a ton of dishes. I took a pic like at the end. There was more but the pic is what is left. I forgot about pictures until after sadly. But yea, it was SO good. Sadly I was sick, just had a scratchy throat and little cough but it's all good. It was still an awesome day filled with weekly planning and seeing less actives and members. And boy was I full. I tried to just eat a little bit, nope, fail. Everything was homemade. One family brought 8 homemade pies. They were soooo good. I didn't try them all but wow, delicious.

BIRTHDAY
So Friday was Sister Standages birthday and I was determined to make it the best since it's her first birthday on her mission. It turned out to be a lot of fun! I secretly decorated the downstairs as fast as I could while she was in the shower. I just used stuff her mom sent and stuff we had in the apartment. I also made her breakfast and her favorite cupcakes for a snack after lunch. We had to go to Scarsdale to get our car checked out because we had a hit and run, someone just knocked our side mirror off...but then we got there and the place was closed. It took like an hour to get there too, So we just went to the mission office right down the street and talked to all them for a couple minutes and that was really fun. We also went to Panera Bread for lunch and on our way over Edgar called to tell her happy birthday and so we invited him. He ended up meeting us there and buying both of us lunch and he didn't even eat, so that was super nice of him. He is so awesome. If anyone knows a 30ish year old single girl, send her here. Hahah. Anyway, we had some really good lessons and were able to see a lot of people, and then for dinner we went to the Hippens! It was a lot of fun. It was princess themed. There was a tiara, a sash, pictures, balloons, streamers, etc.. We had  one of her favorite meals for dinner which happens to be that yummy shredded chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup stuff that you make that we eat with rice, except we had it with spaghetti pasta. It was delicious and tasted like home. And for dessert we had icecream and this apple crisp thing so it was good :) when we got home she opened more presents and yea, there was a lot more that happened but this is already long so that's pretty much her birthday! I was just SO happy that she had a good day because I really wanted it to be a day she will remember as good. So it was fun! :)

INTERVIEW
I had my final interview with President Smith. It was really neat. We talked all about life and concerns/fears about after the mission and then he gave me a blessing. It was soooo incredible and definitely from God. I will tell you a bit about that next week because I dont really want to tell the whole world about all the details that are sacred to me. Just know, it was amazing and life is good. I feel great!

TEMPLE
Yesterday we got to go to the temple. So us 17 departing missionaries and the 2 APs all went to the temple with president and sister smith. We did a session and then they took us into a sealing room and then we did sealings and it was soooo cool. President Bennion and president smith talked to us for a long time. We each got to do one name acting as a child of course with president and sister smith. The spirit was so strong. He also talked to us about how that's what we have been teaching and that's where we need to be. So that was super awesome as well.

STUDIES
Okay if you haven't been on Christmas.mormon.org and watched both of the videos on there and looked at the site then go do that right now! It's sooooo good. The main one is titled "a Savior is born" and I'll send a picture of that which I didn't take because we can't go to time square anymore but I'll send the ones I got. It's sweet! I read a quote this morning that I loved that said "At Christmas we celebrate much more than the birth of a baby--we celebrate who that child already was, and what he would yet become. Christmas is a time of looking--to the past, with its glimpses of premortal glory, and to the future, with its promise of eternity." Think about it, it's incredible. I love this time of year and all the joy and love that accompany it :)

I can't believe my time is coming to a close. It's been so good though and I'm so grateful for the time I was able to have here. New York and Connecticut will forever be another home. You should probs sign up to have the missionaries over for dinner. And if they don't have a place for Christmas, invite them over! Sweet thanks. This week is super busy with MLC tomorrow, the train the trainers meeting on Friday and then the last of everything else on Sunday-Wednesday. Thursday will be here before you know it. But I hope you have a great week. I love you! Xoxox

Love,
Sister Tanner <3

thanksgiving



the Wells

I love them






Her 20 wishes. Me not getting married while she is gone is one.

The Hippen Painting

Tea Party Birthday






No comments:

Post a Comment