Wednesday, September 24, 2014

luckily she gave us our clothes back....

Hello!
Wow, it looks like you are really enjoying Costa Rica! Looks like so much fun! Can we do that trip again sometime? K thanks :) How is everyone else doing? Hopefully good! I am doing well. Still loving it! It's always an adventure here in NYC. We almost got hit by a car again, and it wasn't even a yellow one! Rude. But we are still alive so it's okay.
It's been getting cooler here! We started to wear cardigans this week because it's a bit chilly in the mornings and at night and when we go running in the morning my cheeks and nose get real cold. I think fall is cominggg :)

I finally got my missionary Facebook! So that is weird. I'm still in the process of "cleaning it up" to make it 100% missionary minded or whatever. So I just have to "hide" or delete all things that are not about missionary work. Like every. Single. Picture. I posted from byu.. Which is a lot. But I should be done soon. Just letting you know because this is the last letter you will be able to post on my Facebook page. (If you even get home in time to post it). But you can read my letter on my moms. I'm going to hide or delete them all this week though. So everyone add me on FB if we aren't already friends!

Okay so something kinda funny that happened this week...So we went to Lioudmilla's house again, the Russian lady who always feeds us. However, before we got to her house we got poured on and we didn't have our umbrellas that day. So we were soaking wet. But before her house we dried off as best we could and rung out our hair and what not and then went to her house. When we got there she noticed we were kinda wet and cold so she started telling us in Russian to take our clothes off. She was motioning to us to take them off and then her home attendant told us she was saying to take them off. So of course we were like no-no-NOO we are good! Thanks. Then she goes to her closet and starts throwing out clothes for us to put on. After going back and forth for a couple minutes she nicely yells at us in Russian to take off our clothes and change. So right there in her bedroom we just stripped off our clothes and put on hers. It was so awkward hahah. So then we go to have the lesson and of course she feeds us. It was some of the same stuff as last time. But then she gave us herbal tea (peppermint flavor) to drink. Everyone knows how much I hate herbal tea. Especially my roommates. When I made it at school while sick I could only take one sip before I would gag and have to dump it out. So there we are trying to choke down this herbal tea and I'm dying. And I burned my entire mouth cuz it was so hot. It still feels weird to this day and this was Saturday. So then the home attendant comes and puts honey and Hershey's chocolate syrup in the tea. It didn't get any better. So Then I just chugged the rest. I wanted to throw it all up, it was nastyyyy. Then we finally got to share our message. We just shared a Mormon message in Russian and then talked about it in English (she
understands some English). Then after the lesson she gave us 2 boxes of cereal and some fruit. And then we asked for our clothes back to change cuz we had to leave and she said No! We were like uhhh ya we have to go, we need our clothes. So then she calls a lady who speaks Russian and English and tells her what she wants to tell us and then hands the phone to us and the lady said that we had to go to our next lesson and come back at 6:30 to get our clothes. (It was 5:30 at the time. So we had to leave her house in her hideous clothes!! So embarrassing. We hid our name tags cuz we looked so ridiculous. So we ran to the church and took some pictures and then ran back to her house. When we got back to her house, luckily she gave us our clothes back and then sent us on our way with the food. And when we were saying bye she kissed us righttt next to our lips. Slightly Awkward. She really is a nice lady though and loves us so much. Anyway, so that's the story about how the Russian lady made us take off our clothes and then she stole our clothes but then we got them back.

Don't worry, it rained again yesterday but we brought our umbrellas.
We learned our lesson :)

So I realized that going to college before my mission really did help me a ton! My comp wasn't able to go to school before she came out and she always asks me lots of questions that I know the answer to because I went to college. It just puts you ahead a lot in the mission when you have college experience. Plus I have a lot to talk about haha

Today we got to go to the temple again so that was wonderful :) and next week we might be going to do baptisms twice with less actives so that'll be sweet too! I love the temple so much. It is the best thing ever. I had an amazing experience in the temple today and it was just another testimony that God does answer our prayers. There is not better place to feel peace and love, talk to God, and receive blessings than in the temple. It's almost a bad thing that I went so much before my mission because now it kills me that we only get to go once a transfer. But I'm lucky we can go that much so I'll take what I can get :)

Alright so one thing we are focusing on as a district is having pure Christlike love for everyone. It's been rough having so many appointments fall through this week while knowing all we can do is love them anyway haha but I know it's what we need to do. I know everything we do is worthless if love isn't there. In 2 Nephi 26:30 it says that if we don't have charity we are nothing. I love that. Charity really is the pure love of Christ. Even though it may be a bit hard at times, we need to think about how Christ would handle
situations and do our best to show love to everyone no matter what.

I love you all so much! I hope you have a good and safe week!

Love,
Sister Tanner <3

Ps. does anyone have any referrals for me yet? Preferably in NYC. :)  If you know anyone in NYC even if they are members, I would love to talk to them. Send me their info please.


"Looking a little homeless" (My outfit from our Russian Friend.)  

Hot Dogs from Grays Papaya!  I'm a New York Foodie



No comments:

Post a Comment