Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Happiness in family...

Hello!!!

First off, Happy birthday baby sister!!! Wow, I Can't believe you are 18! That sooo crazy! You were 16 when I left! I hope you have the best birthday ever! I Love you so much!

Okay so since my emails all got deleted and everyone got blank messages (so sorry by the way) then I had to cut this one short to make sure I have time for everything!

So this week was great! On October 18th we had the primary program. It was so cute, turns out there are less than 30 kids in our Ward now! Luckily, all of them were there. A lot of people brought friends and we had a linger longer after and so it was really good to meet everyone! Hopefully we will be able to start teaching some of them. Guess what else happened on Sunday, IT SNOWED!! Yep, snow. In October. So you should really enjoy your warm weather. Count your blessings. But since it snowed, we got to start singing Christmas songs in the morning :) that was the deal :)
Transfers are this next week. I find out Saturday if I'm staying or going. I have absolutely noooo idea what's gonna happen. Everyone thinks I'll stay here, so we will see!
Oh my zone found out that we have the 2015 efy cd and everyone freaked out haha they all wanted a turn with the cd. New music is a struggle for missionaries. So thanks for that. My zone loves you. Haha
I've been sick..so that's dumb. I just had a cold all week and I still kinda do. But there is no time to be sick on the Lords errand. Time is too short! So I'm just dealing with it. I'll be fine :)

Miracle!
1. Okay so last night our investigator, Crystal wanted to go to activity days. She just turned 9 and she is just the cutest thing ever. So we had a ride lined up for her and so we went to her house on Tuesday at 6 to make sure she was still planning on it and she was. She was about to take a shower and get all ready to go. She said she was going to sit at the window and look outside at 6:30-6:40ish. Well right after we left then her ride cancelled. So we contacted the activity days leader and found out who else goes and started calling people. Well we asked 8 people!! All of them said no!! We were stressing sooo much. By that time it was 6:30 and it started at 7 in newtown(like 10-15 mins away) so we were praying and praying and we just thought about everyone who told us at dinner appointments "let us know if we can help you out in any way" and we thought of the Lopez family. So brother Lopez goes cuz he is in scouts and so we texted him and asked if he could pick her up. Then we realized that was too weird cuz he was a man. So we said never mind. But then sweet sister Lopez volunteered to go too so that they could pick Crystal up. So brother and sister Lopez and their little 1.5 year old baby all went and picked her up and then took her to activity days and then drove her home after. It was such an answer to our prayers and so awesome. And Crystal ended up loving it! She clicked with the girls so well. They all learned a little dance to a song and she was right in the center. It was adorable, we felt like proud moms haha.

Quotes!
1. "The lord doesn't ask about our inability or abilities. He only asks about our availabilities. If we show our dependability, He will help us in our capability. -Neal A. Maxwell
2. "No man knows how much he can endure until he must. Strength, Patience and ability increase with necessity"-Richard L. Evans
3. "You learn to do by doing. You learn to be by being."-H. Burke Peterson

Studies!
I don't know if something big is going on with gay marriage right now but this week alone we have been asked about it more times than I ever have throughout my entire mission. So many people we have talked to or tracted into asked us if Mormons support gay marriage. Thank goodness for mormonsandgays.org. People love that website haha. Anyway so because of that I was studying the family proclamation to the world which is just so so good. I love the paragraph that says,
"The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."
Marriage is from God.
In the April 2015 conference talk "why marriage, why family" by Elder Christofferson, he mentions that, "love comes from you, but marriage from above, from God." He goes on to say how "A family built on the marriage of a man and woman supplies the best setting for God’s plan to thrive. ...It has never been just about the love and happiness of adults"
Satan truly is attacking families. He rejoices when anything other than Gods plan takes place. It's Sooo saddd.
I am so grateful for my wonderful family and the great examples you all are to me!!

I love you all so much! Have a fabulous week!! Xoxo

Love,
Sister Tanner <3





No comments:

Post a Comment