Thursday, October 29, 2015

Last Transfer - but I'm staying here!

Hello everyone! This week has been awesome!!
First off, THANK YOUUUU FOR THE PACKAGE Aunt Carrie and Uncle Ray!! You're the best! Also, Happy Halloween everyone!!
So I'm getting down to the end and it's weird. People keep asking how I feel and I'm not really sure how to even describe it. But I'm excited! Let my last cycle begin!

TRANSFERS:
Saturday was a crazy day. We got a text in the morning on Saturday saying that Transfer calls would be made over a mission wide Conference call that night. Well it as such a stressful day. I found out that I will be staying here in Danbury with Sister Standage for my last cycle. I tried my best to go into the call with an open heart and open mind, knowing that I need to do Gods will and that He has a perfect plan for me. It was kinda hard to hear I will be staying for my last cycle, but it was good too. I know sister Standage really wanted me to stay and feels like she really needs me. One of our less actives also told me that if I were to leave then she would cry(she is not like that at all either). And I just know there is someone here that still needs me and things I still need to learn while here. It will be good that I don't have to get to know a new Ward for my last six weeks too. So it's happy. It will be good. I can feel it. It'll be good to be here for Halloween, our wards missionary month, thanksgiving, sister standages birthday, the beginning of Christmas, and all that Good stuff.

MIRACLES:
There were a lot of little ones but here are just a couple that made me happy..
1. So there is this girl named Fantasia who I tracted into with sister Kovac while on a split In her area 5 months ago. It was the same day that we tracted for like 5 million hours straight and we tracted in project buildings and it was super refreshing. Well we gave a Book of Mormon and testified to her about how it will change her life and bless her family. Well last week I got to go on another split with sister Kovac in her area and we were able to see her again and teach her the restoration! She has been coming to church and going to mutual and all that good stuff and she is SO cool. They have taught her a lot of things pertaining to her questions so it was cool to start fresh with her. It was just a little message from God telling me that I needed to stay here a long time to see fruits of our labors so it was awesome.
2. Yesterday while doing less active look ups we went to this house that we were kinda afraid to go to but we didn't want to "fear man" so we were brave and went with the Spirit haha anyway a man answered. He was tall and built, but older and had a white beard and such with a rumbling voice. He looked at us and he said "oh my goodness you have got to be kidding me!" And we were just thinking "oh noo, he's about to yell!" And then he was like "come in!!" And he opened the door and motioned us in. So we asked if there was another woman home and he said yes his wife was. That's when she came out and at this point we were still super confused and a little scared but he said to her "look! They send out young ladies now! This is so incredible!! I saw their cards they wear and was in shock! Come on in ladies!" And then we ended up staying for like 30 or 40 minutes just hearing them talk and talk. Turns out, they just needed some sisters and didn't want the elders! It was such a miracle that they let us in. They pretty much became our best friends and offered to buy us a bunch of stuff but of course we didn't take it cuz it was unnecessary stuff even though it would have been nice haha. It was such a cool meeting though and crazy how the timing worked out perfectly

SMALL WORLD:
So on Sunday we were at a members house for dinner-the Hippens- and two of the Brazilian elders were with us again and one of them that I have been serving with the past 6 months turned to me and said "Sister Tanner, is your first name Kiera?" So I said ya and then he said "so I met your cousin, Susan at the airport in Atlanta and she took some pictures of me to send to my mom! I was reading my journal and there was a little paper that said to find sister kiera tanner" haha so tell her that we met! We took a pic together so I'll send that to you too. He's just this tiny cute Brazilian who we help with English haha cute like baby foreigner cute haha

QUOTE:
"You can't be right by choosing wrong; you can't be wrong by choosing right. Your personal conscience always warns you as a friend before it punishes you as a judge." -Pres. Monson

STUDIES:
This week I have been studying Hebrews 12:1-2 which says, "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
I have really enjoyed studying this scripture and relating it to me right now. I can see the finish line in this race so I know I need to sprint, but with patience. I can't jump to conclusions, but I can't walk either. I know that there are a "cloud of witnesses" who in this case may be angels of the people I am to teach, or other people who are cheering me on as well as all my family and friends who support me. However, ultimately, Jesus Christ will help me finish strong. That "sin which doth so easily beset us" is Satan working to make being lazy sound nice, or okay. Or those thoughts of after I'm home that he tries to send to me. But through Christ I am able to rid those thoughts and increase my faith. I am able to follow my leader, Jesus Christ, as I work to finish strong. As I go into my last cycle in the mission, I am reminded how important this time is because it is my last chance to fully give all my time and energy to the Lord 100% of the time. I'm so grateful for these past 17 months and all I have learned and I look forward to learning a whole lot more this next month and a half :)

I love you all so much! Have a great week! And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Love,
Sister Tanner <3




No comments:

Post a Comment