Thursday, October 8, 2015

Don't forget to Ponderize!

Hello family!!
Wasn't conference just SO good!?! Feeling the spirit of the new apostles was incredible. And of course I love Elder Rasband because he gave the New York New York North mission a shoutout. We're cool, it's fine.

Luckily for you, I am all caught up in my journal this week so this email will be shorter! So Im switching it up a bit because I just want to! Everyone is doing great and we were able to have some great lessons and see tons of tender mercies! The gospel is the coolest.

CONFERENCE talks I liked...GO REREAD THEM!:
-Elder Lawrence. SO good! Definitely a favorite! "What lack I yet?"
-Elder Holland because I have a mom just like that! And I want to be that kind of mom.
-Elder Eyring because the Holy Ghost is key.
-Elder Bednar because the prophets truly are inspired. I loved it.
-Elder Durrant because it's cool to Ponderize.

MIRACLES:
>>>#1-Kimberly!! So the 14 year old girl that we have been trying to teach is super adorable. Last week she invited us into her house for the first time rather than just teaching her outside. Well we taught her the plan of salvation and she was loving it. Half way through she was like "wait can I be baptized?? I want to be baptized!!" What a perfect question :) then she asked if she could go tell her mom right then and there. Just pray her moms heart will be softened!

>>>#2-Melva! So on Sunday between conferences we had this thought to go back to this house we tracted into. So we did. We went in search of Luca who is 9 who we met a few weeks ago. Well we ended up meeting with him and his mom, Melva, and she is so awesome!! She use to live in Peru and when she was little they had the missionaries over for dinner a lot but her mom has since passed away and she doesn't remember any of it, so she is excited to learn more! We are going back on Friday :)

>>>#3-Stephanie! So we had the thought to go to her on Monday instead of Thursday like we normally do. Turns out she was going to be gone that Thursday anyway. Well we me with her again and had an awesome lesson. At the end she was like "I want to come to church on Sunday. Is there church??" We love when people tell us they want to come to church before we even invite them :)

RANDOM STORY: Okay here is a fun story. So last week we were driving to trader joes and it was super nice weather and so we put the windows down. Well we came to a stop light and the car to the right of us had his window down too. So we smiled and said hello and then pulled up. Well at the next red light this was our conversation
Him: "wow I'm so close I could be in your conversation! Except I don't know what you are talking about so it could be really personal stuff!"
Us: So we laughed and I said "no we are just talking about Jesus!!"
Him:"oh I love Jesus!"
Us:"what religion are you??"
Him:" Pentecostal(and he said more stuff but I forgot), what religion are you guys??"
Us:"we are actually missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Here we can give you a card" *then I grabbed a card and jumped out and ran it over to him.
Him:"wow thank you! When is church??"
well we pretty much just told him when church was, told him about conference and invited him and then got his name (it's Larry!) and shared a brief testimony. It was awesome. And then the light turned green. Now that's how you go contacting upstate!

QUOTES for the week:
"If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always got."-Elder Bednar
"If we entertain temptations, soon they begin entertaining us!" Neal A. Maxwell
"A goal without a plan is only a wish"-unknown

3 FUN FACTS:
1. I get really carsick now if I'm not driving. Lame.
2. Elder Arnold of the 70 is coming to teach us tomorrow.
3. Today for a zone activity we are carving pumpkins and eating pumpkin pie and taco soup!

STUDIES:
This week I was reading in 3 Nephi 17 and verse 3 stood out to me because of conference this weekend! It says "3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."
I love that because we need to take the words home that the prophets provided us with and ponder upon them and apply them everyday and ask God to help us understand them better. There is so much to learn everyday! I love this gospel!

I love you all so much! So Review all the talks from conference and don't forget to ponderize weekly! And Share your scriptures with me! :)
Have a great week! Xoxoxo

Love,
Sister Tanner <3





No comments:

Post a Comment